The Ministry of Works reiterate that the project which is undertaken by the RSDT was part of the Road safety components of the Federal Road Development Initiative aimed at improving the safety of roads within the Federal Capital Territory.
accidents and traffic related fatalities while promoting the behaviour of our urban commuters in the FCT by way of using pedestrian bridges.
In the first phase of the exercise, the construction of Six (6) pedestrian bridges commenced in the following areas with high pedestrian traffic
- Nnamdi Azikiwe Express way by Tafawa Balewa Way
- Nnamdi Azikiwe Express way by Olusegun Obasanjo Way
- Nnamdi Azikiwe Express way by Ahmadu Bello Way
- Nnamdi Azikiwe Express way by Shehu Shagari Way
- Shehu Yar-Adua Way by Okonjo Iwela way
- Shehu Yar-Adua Way by Ladi Kwali way
The ministry enjoined all stakeholders to rededicate themselves anew to the task of successfully delivering the project within the scheduled project time frame seeing that the Federal Government accords great importance to the project which is expected to bestow significant safety to an eagerly expectant population.